Check the date for Lab registration. Detailed information is given on Registration page.
Finalize your Schedule. All PSes and Labs of other courses must be definite. If you plan to add and drop any course, picture the final schedule after add/drop before you come for Lab Registration.
Lab Registration is done at KB 410. Fill your SCHEDULE on the given empty program paper. Leave your program to the ASSISTANT. Do not leave your program if you are not sure about your course schedule.
You have to prove that you work part-time. Your priority is your courses. In some cases you may be asked to change your work hours.
Lab sections are announced at Lab Web Page. Announcement date is given on Registration page.
Lab Grades older than Fall 2003 is not valid.
The most recent Lab Grade is valid.
It is up to you to repeat the lab. Your most recent Lab Grade will be valid after all. If you fail you have to repeat it again. If your grade is lower than previous Lab Grade, the last one will be valid.
- Sit a table shown by your instructor.
- If you work with a partner, take the data together but after that work seperately. Your Lab Report must be unique. Similar Lab reports are not accepted.
- Use pen to fill your Lab Report. Draw graphs with pencil.
- While you do the experiment and fill your Lab Report, use the information given at "Part I. Basic Methods" in your Lab Book.
- Ask your questions to your Lab instructor not to your friends.
- Use your own calculator, pen, pencil and eraser.
- After you complete your Lab Report leave it to your Lab Instructor.
In your Lab book, Part.I Basic Methods is important. You are advised to read that part. You are required to use the worksheets to report your results. You should include all your calculations and measurements to show that you have completed the experiment fully and carried out the required analysis yourself.
- Phys 101: Physics 1
- Phys 102: Physics 2
- Phys 121: Physics 1
- Phys 130: Physics 2
- Phys 201: Physics 3
- Phys 202: Physics 4
Bring your Lab Book (without your Lab book you miss the lab), calculator, pen, pencil, and eraser with you. No mobile phone is allowed in the Laboratory.
There will be a Quiz before you start each experiment and it is graded max 2 pt over 20. Read the relevant material from your Lab Book and your text book before coming to the Lab.
Missed Labs & Excuses
There is no make up for missed labs unless you are charged for duty by the university or the exam of another course is given at the same hour.
Bring a paper from your Professor explaining that you have/had an exam. Make up for your Lab in any section which is good for you during the same experiment period by giving the excuse paper to the Lab instructor.
- A paper given by the university showing that you are charged for some duty: You can make up the missed experiment same experiment period with this excuse.
- Any appointment from Consulate/Police etc. : You can make up the missed experiment same experiment period with this excuse.
- A paper from the Professor that you have an exam of another course at the same hour: You can make up the missed experiment same experiment period with this excuse.
- A proper medical excuse is a doctor's report taken from one of the following; our infirmary (revir), a state hospital in Istanbul. Reports from hospitals outside of Istanbul are not accepted: No make up.
- Non medical excuses will be considered seperately: No make up.
- For the first week, before and after holidays any excuse will be suspicious and considered seperately.
There is NO LIMIT for missed labs. But missed Lab grade will be ZERO. Final average Lab Grade must be at least 10 over 20 to pass.
- The Course Name (Phys 101, 102,... etc.)
- Your name clearly
- Your Lab Section (example: MM56)
- Date that you missed the Lab.
- Number of the Lab week (example: 5th Experiment)
Grading & Exam
Minimum grade to pass the Lab is 10 over 20.
There is no Lab Exam make up.
If the average of your Lab Reports is 10 or more, you pass the Lab. The contribution of your Exam will be ZERO if you don't take the exam.